Backup3G Enterprise is the most cost-effective enterprise-wide backup and recovery software product available for UNIX and Linux centric organizations that also need to manage MS Windows servers. It automates backup and recovery management in cross platform environments and supports UNIX Linux and Windows operating systems, Oracle, MS-SQL Server and DB2 databases, robotic tape libraries, virtual tape libraries (VTL) and disk-to-disk backup.
Backup3G Enterprise incorporates policy based operations automation in addition to standard backup and recovery product functionality and is optimized for open-architecture environments particularly where Linux is being deployed as a strategic service delivery platform.
Backup3G Enterprise provides large companies, with a data backup and restore solution that combines open source flexibility, simple automated processes, smart central management, enterprise-class functionality, and low-cost subscription fees. Large companies with many servers typically have explosive data growth. There is tremendous burden to get the budget to purchase and manage complex and expensive backup and restore software. BIG don’t have to be expensive and complicated.
Backup3G Enterprise addresses these challenges with an innovative approach through Pay-As-You-Use subscription licenses. Free up your cash flow by reducing your capital expenses!
Backup3G provides all the features expected of a backup and recovery product used in UNIX, Linux and MS Windows data centres, including:
- Network-wide backup and recovery of UNIX, Linux and MS Windows servers
- Flexible backup job scheduling
- Management of automated tape libraries and VTLs
- Integrated media management
- Multi volume backups
- Multi stream backups
- Drive pooling
- Media duplication
- Role based security for product access
- Role based security for backup job access, media access and recovery access
- Comprehensive backup management and service level reports
- Intelligent backup of Oracle databases
- Backup and recovery of data to and from a local UNIX tape drive, a remote UNIX tape drive, a local Windows tape drive and a remote Windows tape drive
- Tape Library management across a wide range of media technologies and operates with all major tape library vendors
Backup3G provides a secure, policy-based backup and recovery environment that includes the following benefits:
- Improved customer service through consistent and reliable backup management
- Increased staff productivity via delegation of routine and repetitive backup management tasks to lower cost staff
- Enhanced information security through implementation of policy based backup and recovery strategies that enhance data availability, data security and auditability
- Reduced operations costs through a reduction in avoidable errors and improved disaster-recovery capabilities