Ransomware has emerged as the most dangerous cyber threat for organisations. Almost every day, we read about new incidents in the news. Ransomware is a type of malicious software that blocks access to the victim‘s data until a ransom is paid. After a ransomware attack, system might be locked, or files are encrypted, deleted or inaccessible.
Ransomware attacks are typically carried out in an email attachment or download link, using a Trojan that is disguised as a legitimate file like invoices, order confirmations or notifications. Another threat are links on already infected websites, where users are asked to click on an imbedded download link diverting the systems to automatically download the Ransomware and infect your computer and all other computers on the same network.
Regular backups are mandatory but not sufficient
A working backup strategy and implementation is very important to protect data against any Virus, WORM or Ransomware attack, but they can also effect backup files even if they are stored on other systems. As soon as the ransomware has infected computer, it is able to spread amongst other systems through the network. Therefore, backups to NAS systems or other computers are threatened as well.
RansomBlock - Giving a peace of mind
The RansomBlock functionality sets all data on the RDX WORM media into a read-only mode. In addition, it allows write operations to RDX media for granted applications and processes similar to a personal FireWall. Therefore, backup applications are able to use RDX WORM media like a regular RDX backup target.
RansomBlock performs a validation check each time a write operation tries to access the RDX media. In case of a virus or ransomware attack or unauthorised access, RansomBlock will deny this operation and protect the data stored on RDX media from being infected.
- Reliable data protection against virus and ransomware attacks
- Transparent backup application integration
- Whitelist and blacklist capabilities for applications
- Possibility to grant or deny individual tasks
- Automatic whitelisting for initial setup and configuration simplification
- Compatibility with all RDX QuikStor drives and RDX QuikStation disk appliances (RDX single drive mode and disk autoloader mode only)
- Free download
- 60-day trial of the full functionality, afterwards data will not be accessible unless a valid RDX WORM media licence is installed